Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stretch Bracelets

Stretch bracelets always scared me.  I just couldn't believe that anything that stretches will not eventually break.  But they do seem to be pretty strong, and I will only wear gemstones for their mystical properties, in bead form on stretch magic (brand), that I've made myself. 

I did make a stretch bracelet out of bloodstone and it broke, fortunately in my living room.  Beads all over the floor.  I re-made it, and within a day or two, it broke again.  I realized that the holes which were drilled in the beads had razor sharp edges.  In fact, when I threaded these beads on 49 strand stainless steel with a nylon coating, they still nicked into (but didn't break) the strand.  I decided not to wear it because I'm just too lazy to fool around with using a clasp. 

I even use stretch magic for making necklaces for myself. 

Do I fear that they will break while I'm out grocery shopping????

Well, hell, yeah, but so far it's never happened.

As a result,  and knowing that what I make is made well and will match up to any other skilled maker's stretch bracelet, I decided that I will sell them.  Initially, I never thought I'd sell stretch bracelets, but the fact is that I like them so much myself, why not sell them?

Well, that's about it...

Oh...

Wait...

If you're interested in making these bracelets, you can always contact me or go to youtube and look at all the different methods.

Personally, I use a few surgical knots in succession, a drop of glue on the knot, and let the whole thing slip into a bead which has a large enough hole to contain it, and VOILA!!!!

If you are looking to buy one, or two, or three, or, if you'd like me to make one for you with a particular gem, check out my Etsy shop (there should be a link somewhere on this blog), or just google Broncati Jewelry Etsy.  I'm also on twitter @broncatijewelry and facebook.

My shop.



I made this one today, out of white opal, garnet and Tibetan silver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment